Medical Coding Certificate Program – MCODE
Lakewood University’s Medical Coding program is to provide a comprehensive understanding of medical billing and its components. This program will contain many topics regarding medical coding such as how to navigate through the ICD-10-CM, Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), and HCPCS. This program will also take students through a series of individual coding cases that will require them to use all three coding books for individual body systems.
- Describe the difference between Medicare Part A, B, C, and D
- Locate and translate regulatory rules and regulations as they apply to medical billing and coding
- Describe the structure of an ICD-10-CM code
- Demonstrate the ability to navigate the layout of the ICD-10, CPT, & HCPCS manuals
- Describe the layout and guidelines of the ICD-10, CPT, & HCPCS manuals
- Illustrate ability to abstract diagnostic statements from the medical record and differentiate between main and modifying terms and subterms in the coding manuals
- Choose diagnoses and procedures using the ICD-10, CPT, & HCPCS manuals, following chapter-specific guidelines.
- Recognize the structure of an ICD-10-CM code