Associate of Science in Information Technology
To help students gain the technical abilities and practical skills so that they can help any organization innovate practices, products and processes. The Bachelor in IT is designed in a way to empower individuals to become passionate, solution‐minded Information Technology professionals by fostering innovation, research, leadership development, solving real-life problems. The Bachelor in IT is different from computer engineering, computer science, and MIS and it focuses on meeting the needs of users within organizational and societal contexts through innovation, creation, application, integration, and administration of computing technologies. The program is designed to be completed following a prescribed order provided below in the credit hour breakdown.
- Plan, deploy and configure application and file servers
- Learn, understand and configure secure network and computing applications
- Develop a professional identity from which to make globally, socially and ethically responsible information technology and systems decisions that are in line with legal and organizational policy requirements
- Function efficiently as individuals and team members in the workplace
- Develop project management skills and leadership skills.
- Pursuing life-long learning and obtaining the tools to successfully identify, use and cope up with ever-changing technologies.
- Demonstrate a substantial understanding of real-world practice pertaining to IT.
- Create a project plan, design and execute projects to provide appropriate solutions to business requirements.